The U is not a race. It’s an experience… Get your entry now!
Now in its fifth year, the three-day event (which takes place from 24 – 26 September) combines the finest handcrafted routes of the hallowed private Piket-Bo-Berg trail network. The riding is so sublime, that in some sections it’s almost impossible to comprehend how the trails were imagined, let alone crafted – over, through, between and under rocks to create a near perfect flow.
It’s not ONLY the riding for which riders return to this boutique stage race year after year. The U is an all-inclusive event. That’s right, all the premium additions in the race village are covered by the entry fee. That means (regardless of what accommodation option a rider chooses), they can leave their wallet at home.
Based around a picturesque lake-side race village, the three-day event showcases the natural beauty of the region’s mountains, paired with a premium lifestyle offering featuring gourmet food, drinks, services and facilities in an all-inclusive offering.
This year there are ONLY 200 spots available and of those not a whole lot are left, online entries close very soon.
Here’s what else is included:
- Custom Enjoy trail t-shirt, casual t-shirt and face mask
- Custom event SOX
- EPT Recovery massage on the Saturday and access to the recovery lounge
- Baristas serving any hot beverage of your choice
- Complimentary La Chouffe Beers and Belgian Beer Company beer tastings
- Hope Gin and Fitch & Leedes sunset cocktails on Friday and Saturday evening (including a Hope and Liefmans Fruitesse beer and gin cocktail)
- Cadence Nutrition during episode 1 & 2
- As much DAY Water as you need (sustainable canned water)
- Three Namgear bike washes
- A survival kit and parting gift
- Personalised number board and medal
- Powerful protein punch from Protein2Go
Riders also stand to win:
- R5000 as King and Queen of the Mountain in the Venturescapes Segment Challenge on the Saturday and the Sunday
- A new Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Wheelset
- A year’s worth of MAXXIS TYRES
- One of two Smith Optics gift hampers which include a helmet and a pair of sunglasses
Don’t miss out on this golden opportunity to get your stage race fix for the year. What’s more, should the event be cancelled for reasons related to the lockdown restrictions, the good people at The U will refund your entry in full. For more information about The U visit the event website and to enter online visit the online entry page .